Wednesday, December 31, 2014

New Year, New Goals

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord. "They are plans for good
and not for disaster,
to give you a future and a hope."

   



     I don't usually make a bunch of resolutions. I tend to break them too fast, and then feel like I failed. However, with that said, this year I decided I would use this time to start fresh. I'm calling them goals though. Not resolutions. Just to be clear, goals, not resolutions. ( I think I may have an issue with that word. hahah) I have several things I want to do different this year. So, I will write them down here, and then there is a record of them. Hopefully, this year I can follow through.

     Spiritual- I want to be reading my bible daily. I will read or listen to at least two chapters a day. If I am not studying or reading in a particular area I will read the daily Proverb (there are 31. Makes one a day) and my Birthday Psalm. (I am 42 I will read the 42nd Psalm until I turn 43.) I will be able to study these and meditate on them.
     I will spend quiet time with God daily. At least 20 minutes each day. I will practice just BEING in His presence.
     I will encourage my children to continue reading their bible daily and to go to there bible study group weekly.
     I will continue to go to our bible study weekly, once it resumes. And do the weekly study.

1 Corinthians 10:13
"The temptations in your life are no different from what others experience. And God is faithful. He will not allow the temptation to be more than you can stand. When you are tempted, he will show you a way out so that you can endure."

     Physical- I will walk 4-5 days a week. At least once a day for at least 30 minutes each time. Hopefully, I will be able to do more then 30 minutes but, I want to get in the habit of getting out each day again.
     I want to be healthier and loose weight (who doesn't?hahah). I want to lose 35-40 pounds by the end of the year. I will use a food tracker, use my pedometer to get my 10,000 steps a day, and add the Essential Oil Protocol that I have written down. I want to feel good and go down several sizes.
     I will drink one-half gallon of water a day.

1 Corinthians 6:19-20
"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

Philippians 4;13
" I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

2 Timothy
"God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline."
(this one I need the most!)

     Mental-I want to focus on the positive. I will look for the blessing in every situation. Even the seemingly bad ones. I will list 5 blessing each day that bring me joy. I will choose joy and not focus on the unjoyful things in life. I will keep my focus on what He wants me to do and be.

Philippians 4:8-9
" Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable-if anything is excellent or praiseworthy-think about such things. Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."


     Emotional-I will not dwell on hurts and emotional heart ache. I will not stew in anger. I will let the Lord have those. When I have trouble with emotional pain or old scars, I will spend time with His word and meditate on those words instead. I will ask the Holy Spirit how to release those pains. I will find patience for my children and those around me. I will exercise that patience. I will not let how others perceive me hurt me. My family, close friends and God know who I am and I will be happy with that.

Psalm 39:2-3
"I kept very very quiet... but, I became even more upset. I became very angry inside, and as I thought about it, my anger burned."

Psalm 32:3 
"When I kept things to myself, I felt weak deep inside me. I moaned all day long."

Relational- This one is easy and hard for me. For my family it's easy. For others it is hard for me. I have a hard time giving time to others then my family. And that is what I am going to do. I will give time to others. Time with friends to build on relationships. Also, time to those that make me uncomfortable. I know that is odd but, with my anxiety, I have trouble wanting to even talk with others. I will reach out and talk to people and make an effort to talk and connect with others. I tend to not want to let others outside of family encroach on our family and our time. Maybe to a fault.

Proverbs 27:17
"As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another."

Galatians 6:2
"Bear one another's burdens."

1 Thessalonians 5:11
"Encourage one another and build each other up.

Hebrews 10:24
"Spur one another on toward love and good deeds."

Financial-  I will help to pay off our debts and save where I can. I will consciously look for ways to save money rather then let it bleed out.

Romans 11:36
"Everything comes from God and exists by his power and is intended for his glory."

Deuteronomy 8:18
"Remember the Lord you God, for it is he who gives you the ability to produce wealth."

Hebrews 13:5
"Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have, because God has said, " Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.""

Vocational- I will work at my household and keep it well. I will plan out menus and schedules to keep it tidy and running smoothly.
     I will keep the kids school schedules working and keep them on track. I will keep classes and credits updated and encourage all of them to reach further then they think they can daily.
     I will work at the Oils and build on my business. I will help Greg where I can in his business to help build it and secure new business.


Colossians 3:22
"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart."

Colossians 3:23-24
"Work hard and cheerfully at whatever you do, as though you were working for the Lord rather than for people. Remember that the Lord will give you an inheritance as your reward, and the Master you are serving is Christ."


     Ha! That is quite a collection of goals.  I really want this year to be different. I feel like I have gotten in a rut. I am on a cycle that is stressful and unhealthy. I have gained weight due to the stress, and haven't been able to loose it. I want to be happy and joyful about all that I have. Not worry about what I don't have or what I once had.

     I would love company on this journey that I have before me. I will help others to be accountable as I would like someone else to be accountable to. I crave to have a friend come along side me and say, "We can do this." I will add this to my prayer list.

     OK so here it is. All written down. YIKES.

No comments:

Post a Comment